Our Minimum Standards of Service
This is what we provide to the young people we help, including our management services and support, and the equipment and resources we provide as part of their accommodation and mentoring.
This is inclusive of property costs, including utilities.
- Placement plan, including risk and locality assessment
- Furnished accommodation, decorated to a reasonable standard and including white goods
- Fitted smoke alarm, and fire blanket and first aid kit
- TV licence and wi-fi
- Starter pack of provisions at the start of the placement, and household items including essential bedding, kitchenware, vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment, washing supplies and toiletries
- Management services, including property repairs and maintenance
- Buildings insurance, and contents insurance for personal effects where applicable
- Support help-line and emergency call-out service.
Independent Together provides mentoring support and guidance for its tenants, covering the following:
- Help with completing essential forms
- Guidance for weekly budgeting and managing money
- Cooking and cost-effective shopping
- Paying bills, and finding the best rates and suppliers
- Day to day living skills such as changing light bulbs and plugs, locating the stop tap and what to do if the power goes off in the accommodation
- Opening accounts and using the bank.
We will also support young people with:
- Finding opportunities to start a career or an apprenticeship
- Moving into their own accommodation with their own tenancy agreement, including a start-up pack and white goods up to the value of £500.
For our service users over 18 years old, we will assist and educate them in applying for eligible benefits, including:
- Housing Benefit
- Universal Credit
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment & Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit
In addition to these minimum standards of service, Independent Together can also provide ad hoc services and support, as agreed with the placement team and the service user’s social worker.
Any extra costs incurred will be first reviewed and approved at senior management level.
If you would like more information about Independent Together and how we work please feel free to contact us on 07985 235 234 or fill in the form opposite.
Independent Together offer a new exciting approach in helping and educating 16+ care leavers on the skills required to become an adult.
Contact Independent Together
Are you a Landlord?
You’ll be surprised at the quality of our clients. We regularily check the accomodation to make sure the premises are kept to a high standard.