Independent Together works in partnership with Challenge The Wild to deliver personal development of young adults through a programme of outdoor activity.
Challenge The Wild is based in the Lake District and provides a range of events for charities, companies and private groups. They strive to change people’s lives through the delivery of outdoor activity and ensure positive outcomes for all. www.challengethewild.com
Challenge The Wild is run by Dan Searson. Dan has spent the past twenty years exploring the outdoors, is a qualified Mountain Leader and Event Manager. During his ten-year military career, as an Officer in the Regular Army, he was deployed to Bosnia, Kenya and Iraq and led expeditions to the Pyrenees, Machu Picchu and Mount Kenya. Since returning to civilian life, Dan has led challenges around the world and has planned bespoke events for some of the UK’s largest charities and companies. He also has vast experience in working with young adults, having delivered events to numerous colleges, youth groups and government agencies.
Dan is supported by a team of highly qualified instructors. They have a background in event management, outdoor delivery and working across different sectors. They are excellent communicators and hold all the required qualifications needed to work at the highest level.
commitment from the Young Adults. As an alternative, the better option seems to be providing a Certificate which demonstartes that each Young Adult has achieved the following outcomes:
The Independent Together Adventure Camp is an exhilarating and uplifting outdoor adventure open to young adults. Under the watchful eye of the highly-trained team, participants will be encouraged and empowered as they take on a series of challenges, specially designed to develop life skills. Before they know it, they’ll be facing fears and achieving more than they ever believed they could. Challengers will be able to experience activities such as waterfall jumping, canyoning, rock scrambling, big abseils and survival skills; as well as learning how to problem solve, set goals for the future, deliver presentations and live a healthy lifestyle. And as it’s a three day event, there will be the chance to sleep under the stars, learn to cook and live in the outdoors and spend time with like minded people around a traditional campfire. Young Adults will achieve the following positive outcomes:
- enjoy participating and reflecting in outdoor activities and adopt a positive attitude to challenge and adventure
- enhance their overall well-being by gaining personal confidence and developing character and resilience through taking on challenges and achieving success
- developing their self-awareness and social skills, and their appreciation of the contributions and achievements of themselves and of others
- becoming alive to the natural local and global environment and understand the importance of conservation and sustainable development
- acquiring and developing a range of skills in outdoor activities, fieldwork, exploration, journeys and expeditions
- demonstrating increased initiative and innovation, enthusiasm, curiosity, self-reliance, responsibility, perseverance, tenacity and commitment
- developing and extending their key skills of communication, problem-solving, creativity, critical thinking, leadership and co-operation
- learning to appreciate the benefits of physical activity and the lifelong value of participation in healthy leisure activities and reflection
- displaying an increased motivation and appetite for self-directed learning that is contributing to raised levels of attainment in other aspects of their development, as well as becoming concerned, responsible and fulfilled citizens
- broadening their horizons and becoming open to a wider range of employment opportunities and life chances
- providing the opportunity to mentor future participants, assist in instruction and develop leadership skills further
If you would like more information about Independent Together and how we work please feel free to contact us on 07985 235 234 or fill in the form opposite.
Independent Together offer a new exciting approach in helping and educating 16+ care leavers on the skills required to become an adult.
Contact Independent Together
Are you a Landlord?
You’ll be surprised at the quality of our clients. We regularily check the accomodation to make sure the premises are kept to a high standard.